Tuesday 16 June 2009

Words of Comfort for Rose Maronga

I just wanted to share with you some of the things that I have been sharing with Rose Maronga. They have helped her in her time of grief, and I pray that they will be a blessing to one of you as well. We never know what God might use to touch someone's heart, and since He has placed these thoughts and verses on my heart; I felt that I should share them.

Death/Grief

Grief is the price that life will require of each of who lives long and loves deeply. When we lose a loved one, or when we experience any other loss, darkness or depression can overwhelm us for a while; and it seems as if we cannot summon the strength to face another day. But with God's help, we can! During times of heartache, we can turn to God, first for solace and then for renewal. When we do, He comforts us and, in time, He leads us.

2 Kings 20:5    Psalm 23    Psalm 30:5    Psalm 48:14    Psalm 73:26    Psalm 126:5    Isaiah 25:8    Matthew 5:4    John 3:15    Romans 8:38, 39        

Romans 12:15            1 Corinthians 15:55

We cannot always understand the ways of our Almighty God. But if we accept by faith His holy will—without looking back on what might have been—we will be able to be at peace.

~A Prayer~

Dear Lord, You have promised that You will not give me more than I can bear. You have promised to lift me out of my grief and despair. I thank You, Lord, for sustaining me in my day of sorrow. Restore me, and heal me, and use me as You will.    ~Amen

Help in Troubles

People of every generation have had experience with adversity, and this generation is no different. Thankfully, although the world continues to change, God's love remains constant. And He remains ready to comfort and strengthen us whenever we turn to Him. When we are troubled, we must call upon God and, in His own time and according to His own plan; He will heal us. When we find ourselves overtaken by the frustrations of life, we must catch ourselves, take a deep breath, and lift our thoughts upward. Although we are here on earth struggling to rise above the distractions of each day, we need never struggle alone. God is here—eternally and faithfully, with patience and love—and if we reach out to Him, He will restore perspective and peace to our souls.

Psalm 9:9    Psalm 18:2    Psalm 18:28    Psalm 31:24    Psalm 32:7    Psalm 34:19    Psalm 37:39    Psalm 42:11    Psalm 73:26    Psalm 112:7-8

Psalm 120:1    Psalm 126:5-6    Psalm 138:7    Ecclesiastes 3:4        Isaiah 43:2-3    Lamentations 3:31-33        Nahum 1:7    Matthew 11:28-30

John 16:33    Romans 5:3-4    James 1:3-4

Often, in the middle of our greatest problems, we stop short of the real blessing God has for us. And as we are reminded through our burden of our utter weakness without Christ, we are then given the strength to go on.

God's Protection and Support

We know that life is not always easy. Sometimes it is far from it. But as Christians we also know that we are protected by a loving God. In times of trouble, God comforts us; in times of sorrow, He dries our tears. When we are troubled, pr weak, or sorrowful, God is as near as our next breath. Let us build our lives on the Rock that cannot be shaken…let us trust in God!

    Deuteronomy 33:12    Job 11:18-19        Psalm 4:8    Psalm 16:8    Psalm 27:1    Psalm 55:22    Psalm 91:9-10        Proverbs 1:33

    Proverbs 3:24        Proverbs 18:10    Isaiah 41:13    Isaiah 43:1-2    Romans 8:31    Philippians 4:19    

The greatest lesson that we have to learn is the fact that God, and God alone, is enough for all our needs. Every trial or sorrow that we pass through is meant to teach us this; and this lesson will be the ultimate discovery of our whole Christian life. God is Enough!

~A Prayer~

Dear Lord, You have promised never to leave me or forsake me. You are always with me, protecting me, and encouraging me. Whatever this day may bring, I thank You for Your love and for Your support. Let me lean upon You, Father, this day and forever.    ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment